Pages

Monday, 13 October 2014

Blog post #1

Good afternoon and welcome to my blog!

I am so excited to be able to share my creations with you! My name is Carlye and I am a pocket scrapbooker and card maker. I started scrapbooking 10 years ago in the traditional 12x12 format but now I am a devoted pocket scrapbooker!  I find that pocket scrapbooking has simplified the process for me and allowed me to catch up on my albums rather quickly. There is a local pocket scrapbooking group here in my city and we try to get together once a month to show, share, create and inspire each other!

I also enjoy making cards! Although I don't do it near as much as I would like to, when I am all caught up on my pocket album or need a break, I like to sit down and make a card or two.  I like to make cards for every occasion and have even had the honor of making a 100th birthday card last fall!

I plan to share a mix of cards and pocket pages for you to enjoy, as well as other paper crafting items I may be working on!

Last thing before I post 2 cards for you to see, I would like to thank my good friend Elysia who created this blog for me! She took the time out of her busy schedule and put a lot of effort into making a B-E-A-UTIFUL blog for me! Thanks girl!

You can follow along with her blog at:

 
 
I recently bought a few items from the Simple Stories 'Hello Baby' line to use for my pocket scrapbooking. One of my friends is due in January with baby #2 and did not want to find out the sex of the baby which is why I've made the two cards.
 




I just love how they both turned out!!
 




That's all for today! I hope you enjoyed my first blog post!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic first post! Gorgeous cards, love the colours!!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them both. I really like your use of the twine on the first card. I can never figure out how to incorporate it! The wood veneer is super cute too.

    ReplyDelete