Before Christmas, I had been thinking about re organizing my crafty space. My fiancé had told me that he thought it would be a good idea to get a piece of pegboard for my room. Well... One 2x4 piece turned into one 4x8 piece which turned into me saying "oh goodness, I can't decide which wall to put it on", which then turned into two 4x8 pieces of cork above each of my 8" tables. Well let me tell you- I was one happy girl!
Below are a few of the [boring] 'before' pictures:
Now for the AFTER photos!!
Below are a few of the [boring] 'before' pictures:
The room I use for my scrap room is in our basement. Its more of a 'den' type. There are no windows and the lighting wasn't the best.
Now for the AFTER photos!!
When the peg board went up!
I have 2 4"x8" tables for myself and 1 2"x4" table that my son uses. He is a crafty little guy, too!
I had purchased a Kallax 4x4 shelving unit/room divider from IKEA. It fits the 12x12 albums perfectly!
The picture below shows my main crafting space. It looks quite dark and shadowy in this picture. However, I did pick up some 4" of LED strip lighting from Home Depot and adhered it along the bottom on the pegboard and it is so perfect now!!
We
picked up a few peg board hook kits from Home Depot and Princess Auto,
as well as some plastic baskets from Dollarama that I attached to the
pegboard using hooks to store my stickers that are no longer in the
packages, and also my wooden stamps and inks.
I may have a Washi tape addiction-I'll let you decide ;)
Materials used were:
2 4x8 pieces of pegboard
2 2x8 pieces of trim for the back for spacing
1 pack of felt furniture circles places around the backing so it doesn't scratch the walls
1 pack of 1" screws
1 pack of deck screws ( used to screw the pegboard into the studs)
5 various packs of hooks
6 packs of plastic bins
1 4" stip of LED lighting
6 packs of plastic bins
1 4" stip of LED lighting
Cost: $150 and about 1 hour to reinforce the pegboard and hang it.













No comments:
Post a Comment