I decided to do a pocket scrapbooking layout for this Hop. Recently, I took apart my sons 12x12 scrapbook from his first year as I wasn't entirely happy with how it turned out. I thought this would be a perfect way to get his first Halloween documented!
For both layouts, I used a mix of 6x6 sheets of paper from Teresa Collins- Masquerade Party and My Mind's Eye-Happy Haunting. I cut all the papers to size and inked around the edges or the cards and banners. The 'EEEK!' comes from a mix of die cuts made by Basic Grey which I purchased at Homesense. The journaling card came from the We R Memory Keepers- Albums Made Easy 'Bewitched' Line.
I cut out banner shapes and added some small alphabet letters from Basic Grey and some enamel dots from the Rocollections 'Witch's Dust Halloween' line. I wasn't sure what kind of pumpkin carve so I carved my son Kasey;s name into it! I used my Tim Holtz distressing tool around the edges of the '31' to add some definition and also used my Tim Holtz tiny attacher to anchor it to the card. Kasey and I are posing with him in his costume!
Kasey was only 4.5 months old for his first Halloween so he didn't quite understand what was going on! I still remember the look on his face when he touched the pulp of the pumpkin! The wood veneer is from the Recollections 'Fall Foliage' line and the enamel dots are from the Recollections 'Midnight Magic Halloween' line.
My sister appears in these two pictures. She has promised to buy Kasey his Halloween costume every year until he no longer wishes to go Trick-or-Treating. She picked a lion for his first Halloween. Isn't he the cutest?!
Again, I stuck with a brad and wood veneer from the above mentioned lines. I had to do a lot of matting with the pictures on this layout as I had taken them out of a previously made scrapbook. The skeleton stamp comes from the Teresa Collins- Masquerade Party line which was also purchased at Homesense.
This picture features my Dad and his little buddy. The journaling card comes from the Basic Grey 'Persimman' line and the enamel dots from Recollections. The white part where I journalled wasn't originally there. I made an error in my spelling and had to fix it. I think it turned out quite well!
Below you can see both pages. I am so happy with how they turned out. This was my first time inking and I just love how it looks! This pocket page is from We R Memory Keepers.
This pocket page is from Becky Higgins and is Design J. I like to use the smaller pocket pages in my books sometime as I think it looks neat!
Now both pages together!
Thanks for stopping by!! Make sure to head on over to the next blog on this hop which is Amy!
Here is a list of all the wonderful ladies participating today:
Enjoy :)










He is so adorable! I love the costume. You inspire me to Pocket scrap more! I love what you do!
ReplyDeleteLook how small he is - great LOs!!!!
ReplyDeleteDeanne :)